March 19, 2013

Olay Pro-x System Featuring St. Ives Apricot Scrub


If you follow me on my Facebook Page: Beauty Addictions then you already know that I have been  trying this device for quite some time and yes, delaying the review for months as I wanted to post just when I was sure about it and find the perfect combination with this.

The Olay Pro x cleansing system retains for approx. $31 and is often found on sale for $24 though. I got mine from online-page and that cost me BDT 3300 with all charges.

It contains:
-The system body with 2 speed settings
-1 brush head
-2 AA Batteries
-1 sample size of the face wash.


I DO NOT have any clarisonic and hence no comparison shall be mentioned. This is a device I got purely for exfoliation which we all know is good for keeping our skin flake-free as well as lighten scars.

This has 2 buttons. 1 for On/Off and the Other for the 2 speed buttons.



The cleanser that comes with the device is okay, nothing fancy. I am not much of a fan of the cleanser itself so didnt really care to use that much.

The brush head is very soft. Its been almost 5 months that I have been using the same brush head and I guess I am planning to change it soon as it is getting a little rough. So 2 brush heads a year isnt a bad deal, however single brush heads costs around $8. Oh and they are quite easy to clean as they are easily removable.



So I tried this system with many cleansers including my previous holy grail Clean and Clear Oil-free scrub but hands down the St. Ives apricot scrub works best. Its smooth with such small granules that I dont feel any scratchy feeling on my face yet I feel it's scrubbing really smoothly. This is also an oil-free product which is Ideal for my face type.

I recommend this scrub to everyone!!! I used St.Ives before but didnt like it so much but this new version is sooo Good!! This beat my Clean & Clear Scrub easily right after I got it and this one became my holy-grail now!!




The Procedure:
I take a liberal amount of the scrub on my palm and put it on my face and a bit on the Olay brush head and switch the power on. Initiall few weeks I tried the slower motion but then as my skin got used to it now I use the faster speed.

I don't press it hard against my face; soft enough in a circular motion all  over my face, concentrating on my nose area and other oily places or dry patchy ones; for approximately around 1 minute and thats all it takes to exfoliate my face. I feel it surely does a better job than my bare hands!

I use this 3 times a week and thats good enough. You can also use it everyday with your regular mild-cleanser, but with scrub 3 times a week is enough.



All in all I feel very satisfied with this product and sure to continue using this as exfoliating is a essential part of my skincare routine and now I cant go without this combination! :D

Much Love,
Usha

2 comments: