October 18, 2013

At home facial with the products I have & Alternatives mentioned too!


My at home facial before eid 

When I posted this routine on my facebook page, many people wanted to know alternatives, so thats why I am creating an in-dept blog post about it.


-Massage: I massage The Body Shop Oil on my face for about 1 min, wash it off. If you dont have this product, use Extra Virgin Olive Oil & gently wipe it using a lukewarm wash cloth.


-Cleanse: I cleanse my face with origins checks n balances with the help of my clarisonic Mia 2 for the deep cleansing. You can use your favorite cleanser and its ok if you dont have a cleansing device...your hand would do too :)


-Scrub: Now I use a physical scrub to cleanse off the dead skin, using origins modern friction scrub. You could use st.ives or your favorite exfoliator.

-Peel: This step is optional, I use the philosophy microdelivery peel as a chemical exfoliant. If you r comfortable with these and 100% sure about the use then you can use any brands that you like. However, note, its a delicate matter so more on this topic in another blog post.


-Pore cleansing mask: I use Glamglow super mud to suck out the impurities and deep cleanse the pores. You could use the Origins Charcoal mask or even the locally found clay based masks, Aarong has good ones too, for deep pore cleanse.


-Moisturising mask: I used my beauty diary mask to lock all the moisture in. There are many heavy serum based moisturiser, you could use any. I have reviews on the Garnier, watsons ones.


-Eye cream: To moisturise the delicate eye area I use origins Ginzing eye cream or philosophy eye hope. I didnt experiemnet much with eye creams, so dont have any drugstore option


-Moisturize: Finish off the whole process by using my origins night-a-mins moisturizer! Use your favorite night cream. Loreal have great ones

Its a lengthy process I know, but hey, its the night before EID!!!!



I do this process before any special ocassion as I feel I have the products needed to finish at home facial pretty well...


Much Love,
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment