September 29, 2013

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream

So lets just start from the start, WHAT ON EARTH IS A BB CREAM? Suddenly every brand started having one!!!
BB creams were mainly introduced in Asian countries first for women who went through facial treatments. It was supposed to give them coverage, protect from the sun rays as well as have some skin healing properties.
Now, all these USA/UK brand of BB creams are mainly tinted moisturisers in disguise. So after the failure of my MAYBELLINE BB CREAM (review here); I planned to give the "real deal" a shot.
From what I read from the reviews, this particular version by Missha is said to be one of the best; hence during a 10/20% saleI grabbed this 20ml tube: $17.99(available in 3 shades); the 50ml one costs $29.99(available in 5 shades).



Sad part, just after my purchase I figured out they often have 50 % flash sales...damn, there goes my sad story.
I got the shade 27: Honey being (I am a mac nc 35-40 for reference) and this is a great match for my skin tone. It is a medium textured cream that has quite a good amount of coverage; needs to be blended in properly, but once done, stays that way the entire time.

I am happy to see this holding up to the humid climate of Bangladesh and not "melting off" my skin. It indeed doesnt secrete oil out of my glands and keeps me matte for the longest time any product ever could.





However, one thing to note is that, one MUST moisturize properly before using this as it may cling on to the dry patches and attract more attention to them and we all know that is NOT  agood sight...

The full size comes in a pump but this travel one comes in a squeezy tube on which I have no complains and infact this small one lasting me a REALLY long time... so that is also to be noted that you really need a small amount of this product.



The SPF 42 PA +++ is indeed a great level of protection to have under this oil-

free tint.

I'd say the coverage is right in the middle of the coverage of a foundation & powder.

Also, worth mention I wasnt really looking for any skin healing properties from such a product so I havent really marked or kept track of that.


This is how it looks on my face.
Flawless, yet covering and I feel you get the "no-makeup, makeup" look with it :)

 Something to Note: This initially broke me out; this was the only new thing in my makeup routine then; so I tried it with a few different application techniques but still it broke me out; then read a few reviews online and figured out that sunscreens and BB creams (proper ones) are MADE to stay on your skin once you put them on, so they must be cleansed off thoroughly. Otherwise they'll just sit in your pores and cause acne. (By thorough, they indicated cleansing twice basically)

So, as suggested I double cleansed.. basically used a mild facewash twice.  (Please dont ever use cleansers that stripp off your face's natural oils)
OR
First used an oil-based cleanser and then my regular cleanser and after that everything was as perfect as it could be :D 

I hope this review was helpful for you in deciding whether you want to get it or not. Please also share your experience if you have used it.

Much love,
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment