May 02, 2014

Skin Care series #1: Take off the Makeup for the Day! ~ My Way!



As important it is for us to look good and put on our favorite piece of makeup in the beginning of the day. It is equally important to take it off properly and let the skin breathe in the end of the night.

I personally use 'double-cleanse' method, which means the first step is usually to take off the makeup and the second is to wash my face.. I shall proceed in the synchronized way.

I usually wear Benefit's They're Real Mascara... People who use this mascara surely know how hard it is to clean off, its even worse than water proof :P

As i do not want to tug or hurt my lashes I begin with a micellar water.
I got this L'oreal one that serves me the purpose just right.


Step 1:
I take some of the micellar water on my Shiseido cotton pad and hold it on for 15/ 20 seconds on each eye. It just softens the mascara from my lashes and makes it easy as water to remove.



Step 2:
I take my The Body Shop Camomile Oil Cleanser [Love it]
This is an oil-based cleanser that I take on my dry hands and start massaging on to my dry skin. zit slowly melts down all the makeup and dirt from the skin. I also use a few massaging techniques with it to improve the blood circulation on pressure points. It has a very pleasant smell too [ Its more of a relaxing step for me too :) ]

I then wet my palm with water and again massage it on my face. This forms a milky texture and then I wash off my face and you will be amazed at how this oil cleanser leaves no oil at all in your face [ unlike olive oil which is hard to get rid of]

Step 3:
I take any of my cleanser, [my favorite ones are purity by philosophy, origins checks and balances and also a new favorite is Kiehl's Rare earth cleanser] and now just normally cleanser my bare face.
This is the double cleanser part that cleanses my face and also if there is any invisible residue from the oil cleanser that too is taken off by this step.
Usually 3 days a week I will use this cleanser with my Clarisonic mia 2 with sensitve brush head, other days with my bare hands! :)

Step 4: [Once/ Twice a week]
I take an exfoliator, currently origins microdermabration and scrub away the dead cells with it. I ALWAYS use my exfoliators with bare skin and NOT Clarisonic as both together will just be too harsh for me.



That's it!!! Easy and Simple!!! Hardly takes 5 mins every night and I can sleep in peace with no make up on!!!!

Please comment/subscribe/follow my blog if you liked this post!

Much Love.
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment