October 11, 2014

Make your Own Tea Tree Toner: DIY & Other Uses

Tea tree oil is a great dis-infect-ant and has a lot of anti-bacterial properties. It is known for its soothing effect, its minty yet calming scent and yet unlike any oil isn't greasy at all.
While we are all aware of the benefits of tea tree and how it's great to use on oily skin/acne prone skin, most products containing tea tree oil are not easily available in Bangladesh so its's a hassle to get hold of.


Though I have got mine through online order, but only getting the tea tree oil has left behind the hassel of getting multiple products with this ingredient as I have now my own way to use it in different beauty stuff.
Here's how I made my toner from tea tree oil. 
Also Note: I didn't just come up with its idea, this was an inspired act from much watched: YOUTUBE!!!



All you need:
  • Tea Tee Oil (Mine is from THE BODY SHOP- You may use any trusted brand)
  • One Empty Spray Bottle (Easily available in super shops- I used my empty MAC Fix+ Bottle)
  • Mineral/Filterred Water

    First I took the empty spray bottle (size: 30ml) and washed it properly. Then I put in 4/5 drops (enough for a 30ml bottle) of tea tree oil in it and filled in the rest of the bottle with mineral water. I screw the top, gave it a good shake and Wallah! Here's my au-natural home made disinfectant toner ready!!!


I spray 3/4 sprites of after I wash my face in the morning and night. I also carry one in my bag as for the times when I feel there's dust or pollution on my face or just I need to freshen up a bit from all the dirt that could itch my face, I just spray it on to disinfect and get rid of any pimples from showing up.


I have also received questions for the other uses of tea tree oil. There are maaaaany (trust me), but the below are some that I opt for most.


-Apply directly on pimple and sleep with it overnight.
-Apply it on any mud mask to enhance the anti bacterial properties.
-Apply directly on fresh cuts to heal faster.
-Use a few drops with your shampoo to get rid of dandruff,

Trust me, little goes a long way with tea tree oil as this is a concentrated oil so this small 10ml bottle has been lasting me quite a while now. 
Hope everyone liked reading this as I loved writing. If you have any special uses out of trea tree oil, don't forget to refer below.

Much Love, 
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment