March 27, 2015

My Favorite Makeup Brushes



I have tried many a times to post about brushes but just cant elaborate enough time describing every single one...So just when 1hour of my life went to give these babies a good weekly wash...here's my favorite brushes for each category:


Foundation: Nothing compares to Sigma (after the original beauty blender). Soft, never felt scratchy and fullest coverage. I use F84 but anything from the Sigmax Line I believe will be equally good.

Concealer: I still think beauty blender is the best for that but in terms of concealer brush the Sigma P84 is my chosen one!

Powder: Real Techniques Buffing Brush ( its usually advertised for foundation but I dont like it for foundation as much). But its great to pat and buff in the face powder all over.

Blush: Real Technique BIG Blush Brush, I also like the Crown angled blush brush however it loses its shape if not maintained properly.

Highlight: Real Technique Setting Brush. I feel its very tapered and does the job on the accurate place.

Contour: Real Techniques Contour Brush 

Lips: Real Techniques precision brush

Others: I do have other brushes with various shapes and sizes that just has been collected over time to have a fun time playing with makeup.


Eyes: Well I have multiple eye brushes of each kind which are mainly by Coastal Scents and Crown.

I mainly opt for a Flat headed brush for patting in the color and fluffy tapered brush for blending it.

I like smaller brushes to work on the lower lashline like the Crown pointed brush and for eyeliner I use paint brush 00(Double zero) or Coastal scents angled liner brush... 

I have a lot beyond the above, which are just additions as I have started playing with Makeup More.



Maintenance:

I wash my regularly used brushes once a week and others once in 2 weeks with mild shampoo/handwash.

Also, as seen in the pictures above to make sure they retain in their best possible shape, I use the BRUSH GUARDS after every wash, these are such great purchase and so cheap too :)


Hope This was helpful.

Until next time,


Much Love,
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment