January 23, 2015

Everyday Base For Work

As I have reached a point in life when waking up everyday at 8.30 am in the morning to the alarm is not something I can avoid (sighhh). I am trying to enjoy the early morning hours as much as I can as after one enters the work place, that only thing you don't have time for is "yourself".

So, while sipping the early morning tea/coffee depending on the mood I sit to do my "work face". Yes, I do not like to go overboard on the base and thus I have a fixed set of items for the morning stash so that I can just put it all on my face without thinking much.
Here's to how I embrace my morning face routine:


I start of with moisturing my face with my origins face cream and then the following in its order:

Garnier BB Creame for Combination To Oily Skin: Well, this has undoubtedly been a HOLY HOLY Grail Item for me ever since I got it. Trust me, I have tried both high end and low end bb creams but nothing felt just  "right". This in the shade  medium comes out a bit with orange tint cancelling out any discoloration on my face giving it a flawless finished base. The coverage can be controller with the right tools used. I prefer  the beauty blender with this as it sheers out the coverage and where-ever I need more coverage, I simply dab some more.
It has a SPF of 20 which honestly is fine for me as I work in indoors but if you happen to work outdoor, I'd suggest to use a moisturiser with spf 35+ beneath. The lasting power is impeccable as without any touch ups it lasts with keeping me matte for 8-10 hours. I have also used this mixed in with my foundation on a wedding event last month and the application has been very smooth. Also a side note, though I do not have much of a pore problem but I do feel using it with the beauty blender  blurs out the pores slightly, but using it with a foundation brush like sigma f80 doesnt do the pore blurring for me.

Honestly, take my 2 cents, just buy this and you will never regret it.

Note: This has another version which doesn't say for oily skin- that's a disaster-so please be careful while purchasing.



Maybelline Fit Me Concealer:  This is reserved for those super spotty days which the bb cream wouldn't fully cover, or the under eyes when the previous night my eyes were busy with youtube instead of sleeping :P
This is super creamy product and glides on very very easily. I think concealers can look worst when they go wrong but this being low priced does the job very very well and yes, stays put over 8 hours. I prefer to blend this with clean fingers and/or beauty blender.


Katvond Lock it face Powder: To seal the deal, I dab on a bit of this powder losely on my face concentrating on the T-Zone used wth my Real Techniques buffing brush. This has been my holy grail powder foundation since its release, I am the shade Medium 54 in summer but for now Medium 53 does the job right.



Here's a few of my ever-day work picture samples attached so that you can have an idea to what using these simple 3 products adds to the face. I really love these as my everyday no-fuss essentials...Playing up the eyes/lips just helps me achieve diverse look without making it all so boring.


Here's hoping you all enjoyed the post and would appreciate your feedback.
Much Love,
USHA



No comments:

Post a Comment