November 10, 2012

Life of a Beauty Blogger living in Bangladesh


My posts have always been about small little reviews I put up but today suddenly I felt like opening the page and writing something about how the process works.

With the evolution of such technologies and internet access and so much easy for everyone to know whats new in USA/UK sitting here in Bangladesh and being tempted by it. However, getting your hands on it is a totally disappointing setting altogether.

Given the horrible condition of postal service in my country and impossible to get products shipped directly here and yes, not to forget about the un-availability of Pay Pal too.

We desperate makeup addicts then chose business pages to get our products in here which costs 50% more or at times double the price to get it here in Bangladesh and not to forget the time it takes to get in here, minimum 4-5 weeks!!!

We do miss out on a lot of things that way...sale, discounts, coupons, samples, insider cards and what not although we are paying as much or even more at times. However, at the end of the day, thankfully we have a few 'awesome-hearted' people around the business corner to help us get our hands on the main products as well.

I so wish we had walmart, ulta, sephora in here to make our life easier, or even a sober postal/customs service would have done. Here's hoping things get better in the near future for us and we makeup addicts can actually shop our hearts out! :D:D:D

Leaving you with a picture of new haul that I got through an elder sister at web-price (YAYYYY---That's like x-mas!!! web-prices, ahh,sounds heavenly :P)



Much Love, 
Usha

4 comments:

  1. I like reading your reviews! You do a really good job! Appreciate all the work you do.
    Just on a side note Sephora was giving away UD make up setting spray free on every purchase over $50! I got couple. May be that's why you got a web price.

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks! but no, I got at web price because a sis of mine shopped for me!
      but sephora was giving away the smallest one ...this is teh full size one :)

      Delete
  2. Your blog is very interesting and informative. It's nice to see a bangladeshi blogging about beauty products. I'm bangladeshi and i love makeup too! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and Thank you so much for visiting...
      Glad to have you in my blog :)
      you are always welcome to my facebook page for being more connected: https://www.facebook.com/BeautyAddictions.BD

      Delete