July 27, 2013

The Million Dollar Question Answered: ALL ABOUT MY HAIR!!!

 Since I started blogging, one of the most asked questions were.. "WHAT DO YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR" and I still go "NOTHING MUCH" when it comes to hair.
By God's grace I have been blessed with naturally straight & thick hair and I don't really need to do much to it to keep it healthy. Even if I skip a few steps , it stays more or less the same.You can see in the pictures below on how it looks generally. I have NO extensions on, never used any.
Hair-loss wasn't even any issue for me ever. Its usually the naturally few stands that fall during shampoo/oiling the hair.

Put on oil, yoghurt pack and after shampoo+conditioner this is what it looked like.


However, 2 years back I suffered from Typhoid and as you may already know that disease causes a lot of hair-loss. I had tremendous hair fall and with time it healed, thank god. There was nothing I could do that cured it immediately. Just going back to regular maintenance really got back everything like before. 

I believe in 4 steps for my hair-care:
- Oil
-Shampoo+Conditioning
-Packs
-Vitamin Supplements.


-Oil: It should be no alien that in Bangladesh oiling your hair is more of a tradition. Use whatever oil that suits you. Yes, we dont have the time.. I usually try to use it once in 2 weeks ( thats a lot of gap) if you can, use it once every week.
I usually take coconut oil, put some amla and methi in it...and apply it concentrating on my scalp... don't keep it overnight, that softens the roots more than needed; keep 2-3hous and then shampoo off PROPERLY.

-Shampoo+Conditioning: I shampoo my hair EVERY SINGLE DAY. Many doesnt prefer this but I do. I believe in this poluted environment, cleaning is caring. Usually pretty much all shampoos suit me. To name a few: Loreal total repair 5, Pert plus, head & shoulders, and many more. So for shampoos I aint that picky.
Conditioning is another vital part of my hair care. I always condition when I shampoo. I use conditioner on the lengths of my hair NOT my scalp. Using conditioner on the scalp can cause dandruff and also soften the roots which means hair-fall (interesting,eh?) -Yeah, so just condition the lengths of your hair. My all time favorite conditioner is by pantene, the ones found in jar form...bestttt ever. Keep it for 5-10mins and wash off.

-Packs: Once in a while hair-packs give your hair the extra boost that's needed. My ONLY hair mask I do is after I use oil, I mix an egg with some sour yoghurt & lemon and put it on my whole hair. Thats the only pack I give my hair once in a while. Doing this once every week helps a lot and makes your hair very soft.

-Vitamin Supplements: Every one needs to have proper vitamins in their diet. I'd say after my typhoid I added this and maybe thats why it helped me heal faster. Though these days I am a bit lazy with it but will surely go back.
Try to intake a multi-vit tablet and/or fish-oil once everyday. You will notice the difference in a week.
  

That's it I guess...Did it sound much or less? :/
Like we cant change many things in life, what hair or skin god gives us...we also don't have much control to that.
So find you way of maintaining what you have and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Hope you guys liked the post.

Much Love,
Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment